Friday, January 11, 2008

Mountain Madness

Sir Edmund Percival Hillary (1919-2008) died today and what makes him so important? He's the first man to step on the Mt. Everest on May 29, 1953 together with Tenzing Norgay. Flashbacks quickly streaks my mind when I was very fond of a "nature" thrilled sorrounding starting with my granny's farm witnessing every natural disturbances, natural cycle of the ecosystem... and trying to climb every hill starting from anthill the journey went on....until I reached highschool and try to trek the Mt. Banoi with my friends and trek another with my co-officers and college came we hiked Mt. Maculot and since it was the nearest for us we became a regular visitor whenever time permits. Even when I got married, my hubby's also fond of dealing with Mother Nature so we went there before I infanticipate. We miss those days but with our bulges, we won't take the risk. We're trying so hard until now to at least lost a few pounds one step at a time so when Lorelia reaches the right age we can take her there :)